Quantcast

Saturday, March 18, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



I'm still trying keep a tight reign on the review pile, knowing that we have a lot of work ahead of us with the move to another city, but I did give in to one request, snagged a sequel I'd been looking forward to, and grabbed a new release (in a new genre) from a fave indie author:

The End Is All We See by by M.F. Wahl & A.J. Brown
Two horrific tales of struggle and loss - a crash landing on an uninhabited planet, and a world where an ice age has driven life underground

Owl and the Electric Samurai by Kristi Charish [May 8th]
The third exciting novel starring the unforgettable antiquities thief Owl—a modern-day “Indiana Jane” who reluctantly navigates the hidden supernatural world


The Brothers Three by Layton Green
Three charmed brothers, three magical talismans, an alternate wizard-ruled New Orleans, an alluring but deadly adventuress, and an evil wizard who can raise legions of the undead


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

This week's paperback read is The Only Child by Andrew Pyper, while my dueling e-book reads are once again Mythos Christos by Edwin Herbert and The Tower of Zhaal by C.T. Phipps.



What's topping your shelves this week?

12 comments:

  1. A Cthulku Armageddon? Is it about Hitlery Clinton? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope preperations for the move are going well. Sadly I haven't won the lottery yet so I need to face a mass clearout of stuff to get my house fit for humans to live in! Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I need to get on with reading the Owl books. Three books already! Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an ARC of Owl and the Electric Samurai! So jealous! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first two Owl books on my kindle and still have not got to them. I am starting to feel bad, everyone likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the stylish/minimalist cover art for The End Is All We See - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first book about Owl but haven't had a chance to read the second yet. I'm trying to limit new review books too - but having limited success. Come see my reading week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Owl books are new to me. I'm joining up in the fun again and I'm hoping you'll stop by to my new domain.


    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these books sound interesting! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The End of All We See and the Owl book both sound good to me. The Owl one especially sounds like a fun read. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Brothers Three sounds awesome! I love books set in NOLA, there's something so creepy and cool about it.

    ReplyDelete