Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



No new review titles this week, but I did add a few titles to the WTF Friday shelves . . .

Brainchew by Wol-vriey
something eXXXtremely horrible is buried in the Pleasant Street Cemetery

Sweet Home by Joseph Zuko
a prison bus crash allows four homicidal and terminally ill convicts to escape

  

What Price Gory? by Terry M. West
Monsters and demons dwell in these tales

Lake Lurkers by MP Johnson
The Land of 10,000 Lakes is about to become the Land of 10,000 Deaths!

  

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my paperback read of Brian Staveley's Skullsworn, and will be moving on to The Heart of Stone by Ben Galley next. On the e-book front, I'm just diving into The Tower of Zhaal by C.T. Phipps and The Angel Alejandro by Alistair Cross.



What's topping your shelves this week?

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice haul of books that are not really my kind of thing! I'm such a wuss, heh. Hope you enjoy them! And I'm really considering requesting Skullsworn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skullsworn is different from the original trilogy, but I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. What a great title 'Brainchew'!!! And that cover for Lake Lurkers would put anyone off going swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lake Lurkers seems like lovely lil' pets, indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always assume the worst of any body of water. :)

      Delete
  4. Yikes. A few truly disturbing covers. Ben Galley is suddenly very popular. I had never hard of him but seeing his stuff everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Ben through last year's SPFBO. Looking forward to his new stuff.

      Delete
  5. God help me, but Lake Lurkers looks like a lot of fun :P

    And I'm pretty excited about Heart of Stone as well, been looking forward to check out Ben's stuff since last year's SPFBO.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - nice to see him come out of the SPFBO so strongly, making the most of the opportunity.

      Delete
  6. Not necessarily my type of reads but love some of the covers here. Especially Lake Lurkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lake Lurkers looks like a spooky read. Great covers here!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - several horrific looking tales here! In your case - Chilling Reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope to get to Skullsworn sometime soon as well, glad to hear its good so far.

    ReplyDelete